Sunday, May 17, 2009

What's for dinner?



I started with a steak. A cheap one from the commissary.
Then I cut the meat away from the bone and got rid of as much of the fat as I could.
I cut it into small chunks and put it in a marinade over night.

I can tell you what all I put in the marinade but there really wasn't any method to my madness.

Marinade:
Worcestershire sauce
Bacardi orange
honey bbq sauce

and possibly something else, I honestly don't remember. lol


Alrighty, fast forward to today. Emily is such a good helper. Peeling onions so I don't have to. :D




I did all the chopping, of course. I had to fight Kevin and Emily for my peppers but I finally got those chopped and in a container. They are so pretty.



Honestly, I had no clue what I was going to make for dinner. Just that I was going to use the steaks that had been marinading all night and most of today.
Since I had taken so much time chopping onions and peppers. I knew those would be going in with the steak.



Is it just me or does that look yummy?

Moving on, I finally decided on penne pasta. So I got that cooking as well.



Then came the problem. I realized I didn't have any sauce to add to it.
So I began the search through the pantry trying to find something I could use that would taste halfway decent and that my picky children will actually eat.

Then I saw it. Cream of mushroom soup. Perfect :)


So once the pasta was done cooking I drained it and added half the can of soup, some milk and 2 tablespoons of butter. Stirred everything together and this is what we got.



Trust me, it tastes better than it looks.
So then I remembered I needed a veggie. I like green so I went with peas.



And the finished product:



Yummy :)

Even the critics ate it. Oh and in case you are wondering, it's tomato soup that's splattered all over the wall.



Well not all the critics ate.



Such a hard child to please.

So that was dinner. It was really good, but I'm not looking forward to the clean up.


No comments:

Post a Comment